Summer is one of the most traveled times of the year. Whether you are headed to the pool for the day or getting ready to go on an extended beach trip, you will want to make sure you have all of the essentials to keep your skin healthy and glowing all summer without worrying about sunburn. Check out what I bring in my pool bag for ideas on what you might need to bring with you!
1. Sunscreen: warm weather is finally here and whether you are going to the beach or attending swim lessons for the little ones, make sure you bring plenty of sunscreens. The higher the SPF, the better for this time of year. A good option is a broad spectrum SPF that will work on different skin types, including sensitive skin.
Elta M.D., Colorscience, and Glymedplus all make a great sunscreen.
2. Facial Mist- The Skin Recovery mist from Glymedplus is excellent for dry skin. It contains hyaluronic acid to put hydration back into the skin. It’s essential to rehydrate the skin when out in the sun as it can be very drying. It has calming Aloe Vera to help skin that may be irritated from chlorine or sand. The mist comes in two sizes, one for travel and one that works as a makeup spray after makeup application. I love products with two purposes, especially when traveling and space and time are of the essence!
Another top-selling mist is CBD facial mist-this is perfect for soothing the skin and toning down redness and inflammation. CBD mist is part of the age management product category and contains anti-aging properties. Some of the critical ingredients are niacinamide, Vitamin B3, and coffee extract.
3. Beach hats are your friend when outside in the sun. Look for a wide-brimmed hat to cover the maximum amount of skin possible. If beach hats are not your style, try to find a baseball hat that way, you still benefit from shielding most of your face from the sun, and don’t forget to bring extra hats for the whole family with you.
4. Lip balm to protect against dry, chapped lips. The sun and chlorine do a number on the lips, and your lips can become chapped and blistered when they are not cared for and appropriately protected. Glymedplus has a lip balm that is healing and anti-aging. It has spearmint, which naturally gives the lips a plump look. The lip balm is safe to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It contains shea butter that nourishes the lips.
5. The last item you could add to your beach bag is a hand and body lotion. Glymedplus has cell science which contains shea and mango butter. The botanicals will help heal the skin from the drying effects of an outing at the pool or beach. It comes in a 6.7oz container, so it’s enough for everyone to share.
6. Bonus item: sunglasses. Oversized sunglasses will offer some extra protection to the skin around the eye area and also helps to reduce squinting from the sun.
Check out my retail store for any of the glymedplus products mentioned here!
Let me know your favorite things to pack in your beach bag!